Saturday, June 30, 2018

the favorite finally writes on the blog



       January 24 was arguably the worst day of my life. Before all of this I somewhat knew what was going on and just knew that Wood Group was trying to screw my uncle and my Dad over. My Dad came and got me on January 23rd and told me exactly what was happening. I had no worries at all once he told me what was happening and I fully understood. I understood why he couldn't come on a cruise with our family because he wasn't allowed to go out of the country with us. I understood why he would go out to dinner for a long time explaining to people exactly what happened. January 24th I realized that anything is possible. I asked my Dad what the chances of him going to jail were and he said 2%... Yet here we are. 

The day I found out Me and Maggie stayed home because we both knew about the whole thing and that our dad is at court. We were sitting on our couch watching TV when Maggie got a phone call from mom and I saw the happiness in maggies face drop. Maggie hung up the phone and I asked maggie what mom said and she said "We will be home soon, Dad has to take a break for awhile..." Maggie was trying her best to not scare me and it somewhat worked. I thought it was literally going to be like 2 months that he was gone so I was all good while Maggie went to go pickup Navy and Lizza from school. 

After a long time of anxiously waiting for the arrival of my mom to tell my other sisters what was happening, I suddenly heard the door open and slowly saw both sides of my family come into the house. I went over and they all hugged me but it was a different type of hug. They hugged me tight and long. As soon as I saw my Papa's eyes full with tears I knew something was wrong. Navy looked at me and asked me where our Dad was. I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything as my Uncle Bouk told all of us to sit down. I couldn't stand seeing Navy this confused and annoyed that no matter who she asked, her question would not be answered. Bouk started to tell us what was happening. We all started to cry as we saw everybody in the room break down...


     Ever since this happened I have been completely fine. Except with football season is coming up soon and it hit me that this is my first year ever playing without my Dad coaching me. My Dad was a very good coach and knew how to make me better. I guess yelling at me helped me a lot, and I will miss my Dad yelling my name when I audible out of the play. I will miss him telling me he's proud of me after the game is over, I will miss him comparing himself to Bill Belichick after every game. I know as long as I keep doing what he would expect of me, our family won't have collateral damage like the judge wanted us to.

   Almost everyday I have somebody reach out to me and ask me how I am. That means a lot to me and my family. We all have been good, and i've been proud of my family and how they have all handled this. Especially when Elder Stephenson came. He came and talked about each and everyone of us at stake conference. I felt so much better for my mom after she received a blessing from him. We were so blessed to have him here and for all of our friends and family look out for us, and those who act like another dad to me, and for my friends who have gotten even closer with me now.

   Soon summer will be over which means my dad is even closer. It'll all go by fast especially with how busy my family is and me doing things that my dad did growing up like working at my Papa's ranch. I know this is good for my family and I can't wait to see my Dad home soon.

Well thank you for reading my story see ya next time have a nice day-Jack














Brandon Stephens, Weld County Jail, Wood Group, Sentenced, 5 Years, Prison, NFL, DRDC, Rifle Correctional Center, Colorado Department of Corrections, Jail, Judge Quammen, Steve Wrenn, Weld County, Executive, Oil, Gas, White Collar, Wood, BYU, Masters Degree, Colorado State University, SWIFT, Firefighter, Wildland, Sawyer, Fire, Inmate, Brandon Stokey, Miracles, Centennial Community Correctional Center, Delta Correctional Center, DRDC, Denver Diagnostic and Reception Center, Felony, Sallie Stephens, Greeley Tribune, Judge Thomas Quammen, DA Steve Wrenn, Weld County Court, Oil & Gas,. Halfway House, Centennial Community Correction Center, CCTC, Felon, 416 Fire, Silver Creek Fire, Spring Fire, Cabin Lake Fire

1 comment:

Home

Shortly before the sun peaked over the Rocky Mountains this morning, I packed up a few last items from my bachelors pad, loaded them in the ...